Hi, I'm Bambi

Consider this the only personal information you will know about me. Everything else will be abstract, vague. Not because I want it to be, but because I consider the focus of this blog on something else than myself, something that goes beyond.
2 years ago, I found about lolita fashion. It was like a re-awakening. I didn't think something so cute could exist. I kept thinking that this is what I should wear. I started saving up money and documenting myself. One day, I went on a trip to Japan with my family, and it's where I entered my favorite Lolita Boutique: "BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT".
I had my money saved, I had big eyes sparkling. The sellers were so pretty. Their clothes looked beautiful and they smiled at me, encouraging me to shop. I was shy, and it was obvious.
I had prepared a google translated Japanese text to ask them to help me before hand. To tell them: "Hi, I'm new to this! But i love this fashion. Please help me pick an outfit..." Or something like this.
But I was afraid. Being different feels frightening. No matter how adorable I thought these clothes were, I knew people would turn around in the street. People would stare, even take pictures. What should I do? What if I spend so much money on clothes I'll end up being too afraid to wear? I asked myself these questions and I left the store, disappointed. I'll only observe this fashion from afar, is what I told myself at this time.
Fast forward a few months. I'm strolling on the internet and encounter a post on Lolita fashion. I remember my experience and my encounter with it. I start documenting myself again.
I find out about a style that I love more than anything. We call it old school Lolita. It's the Lolita fashion that existed in the 90s and 00s. It was so simple, so elegant and beautiful to me, I was stupefied. How can such an amazing fashion exist and I didn't know about it?
It took me time, but I decided I'll try it again. And so in March 2019... I placed an order on a Japanese site. The time for it to arrive, for me to pay all the taxes (which hurt... a lot!), it was only in May that I could open all my packages. It felt like Christmas.
I felt so pretty. And happy. I felt very confident in who I was. I asked my father to leave the house with me. We only took a stroll in the neighborhood. People gazed, but it was okay. I was cute. Maybe for the first time in my life, I sincerely loved myself.
"Fashion is a way to say who you are, without having to speak". It was written on a panel in a shop in Tokyo. Finally I understood that.
So here is to a slightly materialistic and hedonist blog, where I hope I can convey my innocent love for these clothes.
:)
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire