old school coords i really like and why

I won't make an article about what is Lolita fashion, because there's already so many of them... Neither will I go in details about the origin of the fashion and its progress.
Today we will simply go over some typical old school looks, and why I personally find them absolutely iconic (!!).

Most of the pictures here are 15-10 years old. They were taken in the streets of Tokyo, and for the most par the streets of Harajuku, aka the heart of alternative fashion in the world!

Fruits Issue 12_Page_12.jpg
The girl on the right is wearing a beautiful coord of strong Reds. Her shoes are chunky and non-Lolita, while her socks have a pink color that can't be found in her dress. Those small mismatchy elements make the coord more solid, les "boring", like the purple umbrella next to her. Why?
When everything is organized from head to toe, it's very easy, even wearing all-brand, for your coord to come across as a costume, a disguisement. But here, those "messy" elements, as well as the bonus for th picture (soda can and grocery shop bag) make the whole coord much more natural. Someone who looks at her wouldn't be surprised if she dressed this way everyday. It makes her not stand out in the way where Lolita looks like just another fashion, and not a "cosplay".

Fruits Issue 12_Page_37.jpg

They are just SO cute!! And I would give up everything to get the coord of the girl on the right. Those long checkered bloomers, high white platforms and ankle socks, as well as that lacy collar... The plushie panda is just the final blow to a +9999 coord. The goal of this article is to show that Lolita fashion can get so cool and pretty when you get creative! Yes there are rules, but nothing stops you from playing with them, like those girls did. If you stay low from fear of looks, aren't you defying the purpose of this fashion: "If it makes you happy, wear it" ?
Make no mistake: just because she wears pants (well, bloomers) doesn't mean she's dressed in Ouji. She is wearing Lolita fashion, she just completely twisted it and appropriated it and here is the result: a fashionable god archived forever in the pages of a Japanese magazine;

IMG_20170329_0013.jpg

Why do you wear clothes? So that you're not naked and you don't defy pretty much this entire world's laws on nudity in public? Yes! BUT! Why not have FUN when you do so? Something so basic as fashion can become the most amusing thing in the world! Lolita elements in this coord can be seen. The adorable blouse with lace to absolutely die for, a gingham matching skirt and pants, that are pink and give this very cute look! Separated by a peeking petticoat. As I said! Make! the rules! Yours! The cheetah arm warmers and big dad shoes? They go together and make the whole coord stand out even more! My favorite part in all of this: her belt. It looks like candy, delicious and tasty hmm. And of course her huge smile. Because that's what fashion is about. Smile a lot and love a lot! Don't break the rules of Lolita... Make them yours! That's what it's all about

IMG_20170402_0005.jpg
Here is a more traditional look.The skirts are longer, the colors match,no peeking petticoat or bloomers... And yet. I will admit, when it comes to crown designs, I stop being fair at all. I personally believe that If Lolita fashion wearers all lived in one nation, those owning Crown designed should be the bourgeoisie. I absolutely love the tights touching the skirt in color, (white tights/skirt, black tights/skirt). Something I need to point out, is the very simple makeup, and very groomed hair. I think it makes the whole style look sophisticated. Also, the skirt on the right... Someone, please ;-; I need it.

OTHER STUFF I DIDNT TALK ABOUT BUT INSPIRES ME :-)

IMG_20170402_0006.jpgIMG_20170402_0007.jpg
kera-19-2000-Apr-snap4.jpg
kera-8-1999-may-Snaps-005.jpg

kera-8-1999-may-Snaps-007.jpg
kera-8-1999-may-Snaps-004.jpg

there's so much more but that's it for today... <3

Bambi

Commentaires